Our Beginning- The Tale of a Dad and his Daughter
Like so many in this industry, Alan never had dreams of becoming an insurance agent. Because really who ever does? Not really a common answer at career day in elementary school.
He stumbled into it actually, like so many of us do. It was 1971, and he had just been laid off from his factory job. A friend of his was a life insurance agent, and suggested maybe he should try the insurance business. With no other income prospects, it sounded like a good opportunity.
He was hired at a local agency a few years later, and after 10 years there, decided it was time to hang out his own shingle. Alan Galvez Insurance opened January 1, 1988 in downtown Bellefontaine and has remained there.
Carrie had no grand dreams of getting into insurance (hmmm, do you sense a pattern here?), but college graduation was coming and she had no job. So the first call was to her dad who said the most magical
words- “Carrie, come work for me. If you like it, great. If you don't, at least you'll gain work experience you can put on your resume.” They became partners in 2002. Must have liked it, eh?
Alan started the agency with three guiding principles- take care of the customer, treat others how you want to be treated and always do the right thing. We took it one step further and committed those principles (along with several others) in the form of the Galvez Guarantee. Read on for the full Guarantee, then contact us if you'd like to experience the Guarantee for yourself.
The Galvez Guarantee- Our Mission and Promise
- We provide solutions that are in your best interest, not ours.
- As an independent insurance agency, we have access to many insurance companies. Make one phone call and leave the shopping to us!
- We can handle most common insurance needs such as auto, home, condo, renters, toys (motorcycle, boat & RV), business, life, and Medicare Supplement. You don't need multiple agents with us!
- We make it easy to contact us or visit us- phone, email, text, and a mobile phone app (both Android and iPhone). You can also contact us via our Facebook page or our website. We're open Monday through Friday 9am-5pm, with Saturday available by appointment.
- We provide many helpful resources to keep you "in the know"- including our monthly email newsletter and educational blog.
- A real person picks up the phone. No complicated menus or phone trees.
- We return phone calls and emails promptly (maximum 1 business day, sooner if urgent).
- We can explain insurance in a way you'll easily understand and how it applies to your situation.
- We help you through the claim process and go to bat for you in a claim situation, even if it's not your fault. Read how.
- When you join us, you join a family-based business that believes in treating clients like family. We even have a small area where the kids can play while you take care of your insurance.
- We reward our customers via a referral program, customer appreciation events and other special events throughout the year.
Our community is important to us. We support many local causes and events both financially and through volunteer work. You can read about our community involvement here. Here's a sample of the community organizations/events we support:
- Bellefontaine Joint Recreation District
- Rotary Club of Bellefontaine
- Downtown Business Partnership
- Logan County Relay for Life
- Logan County Cancer Society
- Logan County Jr. Fair
- Logan County Landmark Preservation
- National Child Safety Council/Bellefontaine Police Department
- Firefighter Phil program
- American Flag exchange program/Unserviceable Flag Ceremony