We've represented Erie Insurance for several years. While they've always been an excellent company to work with, it's within the past few years that they've introduced some amazing options for auto insurance. These are game changing folks and a HUGE benefit to anyone who has an Erie auto insurance policy. Following are a handful of the most important and helpful. In a rare twist, I'm teeing up the most game changing first- Erie's Rate Lock.
Erie is the ONLY auto insurance company that offers this. Period. The idea is simple: your auto insurance premium stays the same until you do one of THREE things...
- Change vehicles
- Change drivers
- Change addresses
If you never make any of these changes, then your premium stays the same. It'[s important to note that when a change does occur, Erie will adjust the rates to the current ones filed with the state department of insurance. So any rate adjustments that have occurred in the meantime will now be reflected in the revised rate. But if you don't make a change for 5 years, that's 5 years of not having ANY increases.
If you'd like to have the security of a locked in premium year after year, then Rate Lock is for you.
Full window glass option
Comprehensive coverage on your auto policy covers window glass. Comprehensive coverage is usually subject to a deductible, but with the full window glass option, you can choose to have a $0 deductible for window glass only. All other comprehensive claims would be subject to the policy deductible, but not window glass. It's a nice option, as glass claims are one of the most frequent comprehensive claims and this makes it possible to get your window glass replaced with zero out of your pocket.
Erie offers a twist on transportation expense coverage (also known as rental reimbursement). Instead of traditional dollar per day allowance, they offer classes of vehicles you can rent. Here's the classes:
- Class 1- Compact Sedan
- Class 2- Traditional Sedan
- Class 3- Small SUV/Pickup truck
- Class 4- Minivan/Midsize SUV
- Class 5- Luxury Sedan/Large SUV
Each class has a definition and sample vehicles, but for our purposes here, if you purchase the Class 2- Traditional Sedan option, then you would get a vehicle in that category as your rental vehicle. Of course, that is also dependent on the vehicles available in the rental company's fleet (that's obviously out of everyone's control). But the idea is to get you in a vehicle that is similar to what is being replaced.
Erie Auto Plus
Includes several coverage "extras" such as...
- Increased claim expense limits
- Diminishing deductible- For each consecutive claims-free policy year that the policy has been in force, beginning with the policy period in which this endorsement is first added to this policy, any applicable Comprehensive or Collision deductible will be reduced by $100, up to a maximum reduction of $500.
- Additional transportation expense
- Increased emergency travel costs
- Increased personal effects limit
- Increased locksmith costs
- Increased sound equipment
- $10,000 death benefit
New Auto Security
Available only if both comprehensive and collision are purchased. Coverage includes:
- New Vehicle Replacement Coverage – applies to an owned private passenger auto which was not previously titled and is totaled within 24 months of acquisition.
- Better Vehicle Replacement Coverage – applies to an older owned private passenger auto which does not qualify for New Replacement Vehicle Coverage.
- Repair Coverage – pays for repairs without a deduction for depreciation for a covered loss other than a total loss.
- Auto Lease/Loan Security Coverage – pays the unpaid balance on a lease or loan for a covered auto in the event of a total loss.
Keep in mind this is just a short list. If you want to discuss these fantastic options, or how Erie may be the answer for you, please call us at (937) 592-4871. You can also get an INSTANT Erie quote by visiting our website and clicking the Get a Quote graphic.