We can Handle all of Your Insurance Needs

Let us find the right coverage for you

Bellefontaine Ohio insurance tips for college students- Alan Galvez InsuranceAs you help your son or daughter pack for college, you realize—perhaps for the first time—just how much stuff has accumulated over the years. Clothing, bathroom products and favorite movies go into boxes, which are stacked next to the new purchases you’ve made in preparation for the year ahead. A laptop and other electronics are stowed away as well. And after lugging all this stuff to your kid’s new home, you still have to buy text books, food, cleaning supplies and other stuff necessary to all homes.

After everything has been purchased and you calm down after seeing the credit card bill, you want to ensure that all this stuff is protected in case of theft or disaster. After all, the thought of coming up with the money to replace these things if something happens is nearly the most unpleasant thing you can think of. It’s no surprise that sending a child to college is expensive. But not everyone knows the best ways to protect their child’s things while away at school. Luckily, you can do just that with home or renters insurance.

If Your Child Lives in a Dorm

A dorm is considered a temporary residence. Students often return home in between semesters, and many move into apartments after a year or two. Because this is the case, your child’s belongings can often remain protected under your home insurance policy. Because coverage varies from insurer to insurer, it’s best not to assume. Call your independent insurance agent to ensure that your college student’s stuff is still covered while temporarily away. This is also a good time to review your coverage limits and adjust them as necessary.

If Your Child Lives in an Apartment

An apartment provides more of a permanent living situation. Students may visit home during holidays, but they’re likely to stay in their new home for longer stretches of time. After all, rent is due whether they’re there or visiting you. In this case, renters insurance is the answer you’re looking for. For about $15 to $25 per month, your kid’s possessions are protected from an assortment of risks, including theft, severe weather and liabilities. In fact, knowing that your child’s stuff is covered provides you with peace of mind, making a paid-in-full policy a great going away gift.

Get the right coverage today. Call Alan Galvez Insurance at (937) 592-4871 or request your quote

Posted 3:28 PM

Share |

NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014

View Mobile Version

Stay Up to Date on the Latest News


Alan Galvez Insurance
134 W. Columbus Ave.
Bellefontaine, OH 43311

 (937) 592-4871


Driving Directions