This event is designed to honor our flag, Flag Day and the many men and women who have served our flag, both present and past.
In 2022 we gave out approximately 125 flags and easily collected double that amount.
Here are the details about our flag exchange
From June 12-16, bring your tattered flag to our office and exchange for a new 3′ x 5′ one. Please note: we are limiting NEW flags to 2 per household, as we have a limited supply.
You can come anytime during our office hours- Monday through Friday 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm.
All tattered flags will be given to the American Legion for proper disposal.
Did we mention this is FREE????? No cost, no obligation- just bring your tattered flag to our office and exchange it for a BRAND NEW ONE (flags are purchased through American Legion Flag & Emblem).
How you can help us make this event a success
- Exchange a flag or bring a friend or family member’s to exchange.
- Share our social media posts to help spread the word (please Like us on Facebook if you haven’t yet).
- Post a picture of your new flag on Facebook and tag our page (again you have to LIKE our page to tag us) so we can enjoy your flag with you!
- Tell friends/family- this is the perfect opportunity to retire their tattered flag!
What is Flag Day?
On June 14, 1777, the Second Continental Congress passed a resolution stating that “the flag of the United States be 13 stripes, alternate red and white” and that “the union be 13 stars, white in a blue field, representing a new constellation” (13 is for the original 13 colonies).
The week of June 14 is called National Flag Week and all Americans are encouraged to fly U.S. flags during that week.
- Military uniforms wear the flag backward (for an awesome reason)
- The largest American flag is called Superflag
- Seven places in the United States keep the flag up for 24 hours
- Only one state celebrates Flag Day as a state holiday
- The flags on the moon have all turned white
We hope to see you! This event is one of our favorites and we are very excited to be able to bring it back. Please help us spread the word! If you have any questions, please call us at (937) 592-4871. A big THANKS to all who have supported this event in the past!